Loft Hatch recommendations for bungalow please?

patp

We will not be using our loft space for anything much but the inverter will be up there and so an access has been created. It is visible from the main hallway. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are age proofing the bungalow so thought we had better have a drop down ladder type of hatch.

Double loft hatch for me, fully sealed on both, insulated to same standard as ceiling say 4 or 500mm quilt same u value for hatch arrangement more likely using some sheet insulation 

top loft hatch can flap upwards, mine has a bespoke counterbalance system 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, patp said:

Thanks guys. They are all too big. Just can't seem to find the smaller sizes in wooden hatches.

Anything smaller will be difficult to negotiate. Why is it too big?. They tend to go inline with ceiling joists, cutting one is usual. (As long as you support it properly).

Ours fits between roof trusses and we are accessing through it quite happily as is the sparky. I will get some measurements. We are not planning carting stuff up there so only needs to be a human sized space. Roughly 560mm x 720mm is what I am being told.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2021 at 12:58, patp said:

We will not be using our loft space for anything much but the inverter will be up there and so an access has been created. It is visible from the main hallway. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are age proofing the bungalow so thought we had better have a drop down ladder type of hatch.

all the builders merchants stock an insulated hatch with a built in ladder for about £80. fits 600 centre trusses.