Celotex insulation boards

MonkeyTom

• 4 weeks later...

have you tried local builders merchants? I have 2 local builders merchants and both came back with cheaper prices for Recticel and EcoTherm PIR than I could find online. plus I have an account with them so don't have to pay upfront and I'm supporting local business. ?

On 25/09/2021 at 07:11, MonkeyTom said:

Has anybody bought any of this recently or know if you can buy direct? I need to cover about 400 square meters? Any help appreciated!

Of what thickness..? Floor..? Wall..? Roof..? Lots of variables which will impact this. 

Seconds&Co can be good sometimes but tbh if there is a big (ie £10k order) then your local merchant can usual be good. And go with their brand - Recticel, Kingspan, Celotex,Ecotherm are all just brands of PIR. 

• Like 1

Had a delivery of 30 sheets of 120mm this week from sec&co, to cut and fit between rafters, was concerned about their delivery as they make a big thing of double decker sized wagons...  Anyway all went well, we handballed the insulation off the lorry, the stuff for the most part is good, 5 or 6 sheets are slightly concave on the edges, but my festool will sort that out. 

As a test run, all positive, so will be ordering more soon, and they seem to be back to adding stuff to their inventory again.