grid-tied retrofit with battery storage -FIT meter

javiermi

Hi

I have recentlly bought a Sofar Solar ME3000SP battery storage inverter and I'm not sure where I should I connect the unit

I currently have a grid-tied inverter fitted with a FIT "production" meter, so I'm getting paid for the energy I produce ( independently if I use the energy or not), so I don't want to loose that money

All schematics I have seen show the new unit connected to the AC output of the old inverter, but If I do that, my ME3000SP unit will reduce the production energy as it saves some power to the batteries

So the question is: have any of you guys have a ME3000SP unit while at the same time getting paid a FIT tariff?. If so, where did  power up the unit: before or after the FIT meter?

Thanks

You will need the permission of the FiT administrator to connect it, and if you are being paid an export tariff (non-deemed) you would additional need to satisfy the administrator that there will be no export from the battery to the grid.  IMHO.

Rgds

Damon

PS. I have PV plus separate storage for the grid (and other off-grid): https://www.earth.org.uk/img/PV/Enphase-Energy-Storage-Diagram.pdf

Edited by DamonHD