Slate verge option?

Barryscotland

Roofer has turned up and started grading and holing our slate but has said that he doesn't want to cement the verge as the cut slate wont get much of a grip and has asked me to source him some sort of plastic dry verge. Our PVC  Fascias are already fitted up the verge so can anybody suggest an option that is readily available and wont look Knaff?  Only thing I can see is continuous dry verge and nobody stocks it.

I used this

https://www.roofgiant.com/pvc-continuous-dry-verge/uni-line-continuous-dry-verge-scot-strip-black/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuGBnu04VOTf774trrgsKJhhzt-3LnNEI99HxQankYismHs0pEypXtsaAm-7EALw_wcB

You may be able to make it out on this photo, but it's blends in with the slates and is needed for us to stop wind blown rain going under the slate at the gable ends (we are in the Hebrides). It's been up about three years now and looks the same as the day it was installed.

I went with thick heavies cupa slates and at some points the dry verge is holding three layers, therefore might be a squeeze but it worked for us. When the scaffold was up you could see wee bumps when next to it but when standing at the ground that is not visible.

20201014_161125.thumb.jpg.9c4cbea5a0924c5380e4f993aebb07a6.jpg

1 hour ago, Thedreamer said:

I used this

https://www.roofgiant.com/pvc-continuous-dry-verge/uni-line-continuous-dry-verge-scot-strip-black/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuGBnu04VOTf774trrgsKJhhzt-3LnNEI99HxQankYismHs0pEypXtsaAm-7EALw_wcB

You may be able to make it out on this photo, but it's blends in with the slates and is needed for us to stop wind blown rain going under the slate at the gable ends (we are in the Hebrides). It's been up about three years now and looks the same as the day it was installed.

I went with thick heavies cupa slates and at some points the dry verge is holding three layers, therefore might be a squeeze but it worked for us. When the scaffold was up you could see wee bumps when next to it but when standing at the ground that is not visible.

20201014_161125.thumb.jpg.9c4cbea5a0924c5380e4f993aebb07a6.jpg

lovely that.

klober do a similar one

• Like 1