Gap between steel and beam

Pocster

Hey all,

My steel was placed ages ago and once the beam and block were in place it can be seen there's a slight gap.

Do I just shutter underneath (say scaffold boards with acro props) and simply put some concrete in the gap to fill it and bond with the steel?

Or something more elaborate???

Cheers

IMG_5377.JPG

IMG_5378.JPG

Zoom in on the first photo and you can see the top flange of the I beam. This is the I beam in the second photo supporting the line of full depth blocks.

Think I'd squirt some foam down the gap  (or from the underside) the stop the concrete falling through.

• Like 1

Thanks guys 

the beam curved not an issue 

just the gap looking face down between the brick work and the concrete beam .

might just foam a bit underside then put concrete in . I did notice as I tapped each block as I laid them the beam 'bounced' which isn't very re assuring .....

cheers

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I did notice as I tapped each block as I laid them the beam 'bounced' which isn't very re assuring .....

i am no expert but have built small bridges in the past, that looks like a relatively long span with heavy loading and quite a small beam, have you had calculations done  for the span x loading ?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JSHarris said:

Out of interest, how is the potentially massive thermal bridge at that wall/floor junction mitigated?  Is there going to be insulation on the outer face to stop that long stretch of floor edge getting cold in winter?

Hey !

insulation clad on the entire outside at the back . So returns , lintel and non load bearing wall ( middle of lintel not yet built )