Planning condition: Additional Window(s)

mike2016

I have to add additional window(s) to discharge a planning condition before I can issue a commencement notice as follows: 

"Revised plans indicating windows in the east side elevation facing XXXX Road. "

I was thinking I could just put a side window in the upstairs bedroom but they say "windows" in their comments. The reason they give is for "passive surveillance".

The Architect is taking their sweet time getting back to me so I plan to edit the plans myself and submit, I'm not going passive but had hoped to keep as close as possible. I'm giving them until next week to respond. This is plan B here to figure out the windows myself. 

Here is what I was thinking: 

Window #1:

The rear living room/kitchen is open plan w/vaulted ceiling. I could add a high level window in there like I have on the west elevation? The planners can't complain about not being able to look out of it as the boundary wall is 8 feet high so any window here can't be seen out of. This window will however be visible from the road and will be nice for sunrises in the morning. 

Window #2:

Then there is the upstairs bedroom at the front right of the house. I could do another high level window above the bed but it will be unlikely I'll ever look out of it, be nice for sunrise but the planners might object. A standard window like the 1st floor west ensuite window closer to the front of the building and to the right side of the bed as you face it might work. I plan to use this room as an office so with a desk at the bottom right corner of that room, it does provide some visibility although I'd have vertical blinds there for privacy. 

Any thoughts? Thanks! 

elevation2.jpg

elevation.jpg

floor.jpg

General idea looks OK to me. 

42 minutes ago, mike2016 said:

The rear living room/kitchen is open plan w/vaulted ceiling. I could add a high level window in there like I have on the west elevation? The planners can't complain about not being able to look out of it as the boundary wall is 8 feet high so any window here can't be seen out of. This window will however be visible from the road and will be nice for sunrises in the morning. 

This looks a bit higher than the one on the West elevation? Or am I miss reading the drawing.

On 18/09/2021 at 11:42, Temp said:

This looks a bit higher than the one on the West elevation? Or am I miss reading the drawing.

I'll refine it when I edit the drawing. Probably a bit off but was just to give me an idea what it looked like. 

23 hours ago, bassanclan said:

Watch out for copyright issues if using your architect's plans

If another Architect can take over a project and make changes to the drawings I assume I can. I do see a lot of legalese with the civil engineers quote around protected use of their drawings / material so I'll have to check into this - Thanks. 

23 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Is this planning term specific to the Republic or Ireland?

Lots of strangeness with Irish planning law - "local needs", "passive surveillance" etc!! They want me to over look an anti social hub when I don't want to. They won't be the ones paying the bills for vandalism either or being woken up at night - great system, eh?!