Humidity sensor gone wacky and wiring question

So having been in about a year, for some reason the humidity sensor which is a separate box 230v with a relay in it has decided to start clicking on an off like mad. When I first put it in I cut the sensor wires and extended them so that the sensor itself could be located inside the ducting and some of these had come loose (silly spade terminals). Re crimped the loose ones but not convinced they were all spot on, so for now I’ve taken it all out.

when it was fully connected even me touching just one of the terminals caused it to boost, but now with the sensor disconnected this doesn’t happen, not sure if that’s a clue? If I put the sensor wires to the terminals it seems to work as normal, perhaps I just need to recrimp everything.

the other thing I wanted to get running was the timer function, I didn’t connect it originally as the manual said something about don’t use timer mode on the hr 200 (my MVHR) but now I think that means there is perhaps a timer mode on the MVHR itself, which would make sense as it’s advertised but can’t find anything about it anywhere, must be one of the many mystery jumpers or dip switches. The wiring diagram looks very confusing though? Almost like a short circuit which obviously isn’t right, and a bulb and a switch. Can anyone make head or tails of this?

EBF75075-4FC1-4D0F-9C00-02E02237E752.thumb.png.5aff32e2f77265ae1d0236c2f9ea7988.png

it’s just the right hand side portion for my unit.

thanks for any insights

cheers

Mike

34 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

when it was fully connected even me touching just one of the terminals caused it to boost, but now with the sensor disconnected this doesn’t happen, not sure if that’s a clue? If I put the sensor wires to the terminals it seems to work as normal, perhaps I just need to recrimp everything.

Some RH sensors are capacitance based. Some switches are also capacitance based. Touching a terminal may just have changed the threshold enough to trigger the switch.

Ignore the question about the timer ?‍♂️ just dawned on me it’s a totally separate function and just like a normal timer. Was hoping when the humidity triggered I may be able to adjust how long it stays on for but no such luck.

having got no soldering iron I recrimped all of the connections again last night as best as I could and so far so good, so it must have been a loose connection.

cheers for the help