12 Weeks Today

Digger1

12 Weeks since my planning application was registered.  Communication with the planning officer has been minimal, they are part time and appear to take a lot of holidays!  I was told he has a heavy work load but could expect a decision within a few weeks.  This was 3 weeks ago now.

My question is do you guys chase your planning officers and keep on top of them or sit back and be patient?  

4 minutes ago, Digger1 said:

12 Weeks since my planning application was registered.  Communication with the planning officer has been minimal, they are part time and appear to take a lot of holidays!  I was told he has a heavy work load but could expect a decision within a few weeks.  This was 3 weeks ago now.

My question is do you guys chase your planning officers and keep on top of them or sit back and be patient?  

Yes, definitely chase to get an indication of what issues, if any, they have with you application. Might give you an opportunity to make minor changes and avoid a rejection.

17 minutes ago, Digger1 said:

Did the planning officer write to you prior to 8 weeks to ask for an extension ..?

They have to get that in writing or you can ask for your money back when you get the decision. 

5 hours ago, Digger1 said:

No i didn't get an extension request.  I had no idea i can get my fee returned!  (can you provide a link?)  Id rather the decision but that would be the icing on the cake.?

Start here

https://www.local.gov.uk/pas/development-mgmt/managing-performance/extensions-time-agreements/decisions-positive-planning#8. What are the incentives to agree an extension of time?

I had my planning fee refunded.

I was asked to approve an extension just prior to the decision being made and after being told what that decision would be (a "yes"). I obviously politely declined the extension request, waited for the decision, and then sent a request for the refund. Out of politeness, I told my planning officer, with whom I had good relations, that I was going to do all of this in advance.

• Like 1