Incorrect Drawings

MrMonkey

Hi,

Looking for some advice here as works have gotten under way on my modest kitchen extension on my home in SW London (Merton). My builder and I realised my architect has not correctly added the 600mm dog leg return (highlighted in diagram) that is on the rear of the house. This means the flank wall will be 5.1m instead of the 4.7 -4.9m (varies on different elevations) on the approved drawings (attached). The Shared boundary wall will be 4.5m and this is what the planning officer mentions in her report. So I suppose my question is that as long as we build 4.5m on the shared boundary which happens to be the side of the house that protrudes further then does it matter about the depth of the flank wall?

My builder and architect both seem to think it will be fine but looking for second opinions as they wont be the ones left holding the baby if some one comes knocking.  Many thanks in advance.

DR1.jpg

DR2.jpg

Floor Plan.jpg

Edited by MrMonkey
addtions

This only came to light yesterday afternoon so have not had correct drawings made up yet. This is one of the original drawings that shows the dog leg albeit at 400mm instead of 600mm but is the 1st floor elevation.

Fp2.jpg

Edited by MrMonkey

I agree with your builder and architect that it will probably be ok. The only thing that might cause a problem would be your neighbour on the "flank wall" If they notice this change they might kick up a fuss.

Personally I would not let it stop works, but I would tell the architect he must indemnity you against any enforcement action because of his error and cover the costs of correcting the drawing and of making a "non material amendment" planning application. There is no chance it will be refused.

You could get away without the extra planning application, but when you come to sell an eagle eyed buyer might spot it. Far better to get it sorted out properly now.