3D hinge

Pocster

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

You are not supposed to jack the door up with an air bag.  Loosen the screws shown then turn (3) to raise / lower the door.  Remember to loosen the screws on ALL the hinges and adjust (3) on all the hinges the same amount.

Ok . Did try without an airbag . But of course will try  again .
Been a long day and perhaps I was too tired and not thinking straight . Feel a bit sapped lately as I plough on trying to get us moved in by the end of the month …. ???

?

Edited by pocster

image.png.cf6112f9bdb8b158fa37e76037c0a2a4.png

I reckon just loosen just the 4 hex with slots and try again. Might be stuck, give door bit of a shake. Will need to loosen all the hinges at same time if that's not obvious.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever resolve this @pocster?

It's not as straight forward as some might think but it's not difficult either tbh. You just need to know what you are looking at.

SimonsWerk.png.5540afd2a8c21ea764dce275eca0b2a8.png

The four red are effectively hinge securing screws, you can loosen these to increase/decrease height, then adjust the greeen circle for the height increase/decrease requirement. Tighten the red again. Yellow are compression against the frame, you can increase/decrease this without having to loosen the hinge.

The Orange is left / right movement but is actually on the door side of the hinge. If you look closely, you should see the arrows on the hinge (repeat steps for height adjustment).

Edited by craig
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craig said:

Did you ever resolve this @pocster?

It's not as straight forward as some might think but it's not difficult either tbh. You just need to know what you are looking at.

SimonsWerk.png.5540afd2a8c21ea764dce275eca0b2a8.png

The four red are effectively hinge securing screws, you can loosen these to increase/decrease height, then adjust the greeen circle for the height increase/decrease requirement. Tighten the red again. Yellow are compression against the frame, you can increase/decrease this without having to loosen the hinge.

The Orange is left / right movement but is actually on the door side of the hinge. If you look closely, you should see the arrows on the hinge (repeat steps for height adjustment).

After playing around I did pretty much get all my doors near perfect . It sounds a simplistic task but it took me a few hours on some doors just altering one component a fraction which might fix one issue but may cause another .

Another pita was the magnetic catch . To get that just right so it’s doesn’t flick out to early but equally not to late . Hours of frustrated fun ?

Edited by pocster