Pipe off hot water tank

canalsiderenovation

On 11/09/2021 at 19:27, Nickfromwales said:

One of these LINK directly onto the top, PTFE’d on, and then take the flexible grey ( poly or Hep2o by the looks ) further away, or possibly replace the garden hose completely?!?

I would go with this suggestion.  You will need some ptfe tape and a short length of 15mm pipe that could be the existing grey bit.

Or just get your new friendly decent plumber to call in next time he is in the area, he will sort it in no time hopefully for not much coin.

11 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Hmmm, not sure what to do.

??

On 11/09/2021 at 19:27, Nickfromwales said:

One of these LINK directly onto the top, PTFE’d on, and then take the flexible grey ( poly or Hep2o by the looks ) further away, or possibly replace the garden hose completely?!?

Ermmmm……..

26 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

??

Ermmmm……..

Sorry idiot question but if I put a new 90 degree elbow on like the one you linked how do I take the grey thing further away?

I think I understand you, you just mean turn the grey think when it's connected to that new 90 degree brass thing so it isn't sticking up 

Edited by canalsiderenovation

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Looks like my bowel implant 

Really? Is there not a single thread where you've not brought it down to your level?

On a more serious note how come this fitting only just came off? Did the previous owners not have an issue? No evidence of stains etc? 

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

On a more serious note how come this fitting only just came off? Did the previous owners not have an issue? No evidence of stains etc? 

I think we may have been a bit heavy handed pulling out the bed. I mean I've put on lockdown weight but I don't think I'm that heavy! We certainly haven't been jumping up and down on it. We have a good 2-3cm now spare above it which is much better.

We noticed an odd water mark so it did make me wonder if it's happened before but as there is two beds they may not have used this one much. We find it's the comfier one.

Edited by canalsiderenovation
  • Like 1