Extending existing footings for larger footprint SIPS

SIPslidingaway

Hello hive mind! 

Looking for some friendly advice on a footing solution. I am a newbie so be gentle!! 

As it stands I have footings, block work up to damp course, and an insulated slab inside the block work, all for a previous build on the site that was never followed through. 

I know that for my SIPs construction method pretty much all of this other than the footings is basically useless. (Been sat 10 years with unknown level of insulation in the floor, and looking at the surveyors info it is not level enoughSo will be getting a crusher and pecking it all into hard core for my drive. 

my real question is……

can I use the current footings and extend them to fit the footprint of my new build? 

if so how is it done? Drill rebar into the old and set into the new? Rough up the edge with a pecker? What the protocol here and will it satisfy building control?

Any help gladly received.

Regards,

Ben

8 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Pull it all out and put an insulated raft in. 

fixes  all the cold bridge issues in one go. 

Hi Russel,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have been reading a lot about the cold bridging issue causing moisture right at the base of the SIP on the sole plate....right where you don't want it!! So this sounds like a good solution. My only concern is whether I can fit this over the remnants of the the old footings without having a very high internal floor level as I want to go wet underfloor. 

I will look into this as an option, thanks.