Solution for flat roof required

TANK

Hello guys

Novice builder here looking for a solution to my 'problem' regarding a flat roof on my block shed construction. 

The building needs to be <2.5m to conform with building regs due to the proximity to the neighbours garage on the boundary around 700mm away (hence also the usage of block rather than timber), but I have decided I would like a bit of a slope to the roof to allow more sunlight into the garden. Using firrings would be the obvious way to bring a slope to the roof, but I don't think it is really a suitable solution here since it will only add more height, and starting them lower will affect the headroom inside. 

Ideally what I want is for the topmost part of the joists nearest the boundary to reach to around 2.45m, and then for there to be a fall of around 200-300mm to the other end, which will be 3000mm away. 

Although I am well over six foot tall I don't mind a slight compromise of the lower side of the building being tight on headroom so long as the middle and other side have at least 2000. 

Is there an obvious way to solve this? Do I just go one block higher on the high side? If so how will this interfere with the top plate etc. 

Any ideas would be most appreciated. 

Thanks

Ps I am planning on using 5x2 joist. 

I would upload a rough diagram if I knew how.. 

That's how I did it - extra row of bricks to create a slight fall. Fitted wall plate all the way round before fitting the roof joists. Fascia board covered the gap on the sides between roof parapet and masonry. Don't see why would couldn't go an extra brick or two and cut bricks at an angle on the sides.

Thanks conor. 

I take it your wall plate doesn't link up then on the sides where it meets the 'step'? If you have any photos of be interested to see them.

I have considered half/quarter or bespoke cut diagonal blocks down the sides to match the slope of the joists, but wondered if wall plate would need to go atop this too, and if so, how to fix it to the plates at either end... 

I'm probably over thinking this and just need to crack on with it. 

Timber prices being through the proverbial (and literal!) roof are also causing me reason to stall at this point. 

Edited by TANK

Thanks Joe. Yeah I know all 'flat' roofs need a slope for water removal but mine is a bigger slope up facilitate increased sun light into the garden. 

So, what I'm getting at with my response to conor, and which you seem to be confirming here, is that all plates needn't meet up. 

I thought that all four sides were interconnected, but obviously with a step on one side, this can't happen. 

If this is the case, I'm sorted and can press on with my build. 

Cheers