ASHP with least gubbins inside the house?

Hello all. As per the title, are there any ASHP systems on the market with a clear advantage on minimal equipment needed inside the house?

Should it matter, the background to my question is a retrofit. We have a reasonably modern and comparatively well insulated home, built with underfloor heating upstairs and down, with a mains gas combi-boiler. I've posted before about our planned 7kW Vaillant aroTHERM ASHP with SunAmp UniQ install which sadly we had to cancel this summer - the installer realised there wasn't going to be enough space in the cramped boiler cupboard after all, fortunately before any work was done.

Was this particular AroTHERM split or monobloc? Anything with an indoor Hydrobox is going to take more space, and some units may be less reliant on a buffer tank, depending on your particular system design, temperatures, and volume.

Any of the monoblocks are fine - control boxes about the size of a ream of paper on the Mitsubishi, think the Panasonic is even smaller. Valve gear will be identical to a boiler.  

Why the sunamp..? How big is the  boiler cupboard as I would go with the biggest tank you can fit and save your money. 

I'm guessing its space for the Sunamp/HWC and buffer that you are short of. 

How about the loft? Can you make space up there, even if you have to cut a larger hole to get what you need into the area. There are hot water cylinders that can be mounted horizontally.

Thanks all, that's helpful - seems no obvious differences then, unless a manufacturer is willing to do a warranty without any buffer?

It was the AroTHERM monoblock we were looking at, with a SunAmp rather than HWC due to the very limited space. Then control box, values, buffer, expansion vessel - plus critically working space for doing all the pipework - quite a challenge.

There is loft space so in theory room for a horizontal HWC, but the timber re-working seems challenging, and additional pipework would be needed from the ground floor boiler cupboard up through the upper floor - would be cosmetic challenge too.

• 3 weeks later...