Help finding joiner!

DC5

Hi folks, so we have had a bit of a disaster where by the timber kit erector that was building our extension has disappeared he was a one man band recommended by our builder and does work for a lot of major house builders.

It would seem that a national house builder has made them a better offer! They appear to have done a good job and all the walls are up.

However we need the rafters cut and the roof sheeted with 18mm ply!

It’s very frustrating as there is currently a good run of weather and also every tradesman in the country is up to his eyes in work load! Our roofer is chasing to fit the standing seam so all in all a total disaster!

If anyone can recommend a joiner in the Stirling/ central belt area worth trying please let me know!

Many thanks.

Your best bet would be to go back to your builder and ask if he can sort out someone for you 

Stay away from Check a trade my builder etc 

If it’s any consolation most of the National House builders have cash flow issues So you X joiner May need deep pockets 

35 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

interesting, I'm told they are paying 40-50% more than a year ago for large sites. Source ?

Correct 

My invoices are taking an average of seven weeks to get settled 

Just doing a TF site where the brickies have battered the corners off the facing bricks because they haven’t been paid 

There’s a lot of rumours flying about but there’s some truth in them.

With some major commercial projects facing vast fines for failing to deliver on time the £1100 a day one joiner here was quoting per day for finishing work in central London may not be as far off the mark as you think!