Section 73 variation of conditions form- help

DragsterDriver

Good evening :) 

can anybody help with this form please? I wish to make some changes to the plans which already have permission granted. 

not sure what to put on the form- it’s not a condition I want to vary as such more some new plans with changes.

thanks!

B1327190-07A0-4FD6-84A6-6BDAC5D8749E.jpeg

Depending on the scale of the changes you need to go one of three different routes. Discuss the changes with planning first to see which route they say you need to go down. The first is the easiest..

Non-material Ammendments:

If the changes are minor there is a form for "non-material ammendments"..

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/faqs/faq/66/where_can_i_find_the_non-material_amendments_form

Minor Material ammendments

For these you use the Section 73 form which is normally for varying conditions. I've not done one but I believe you cite any condition that refers to the existing approved drawings. (They normally say things like "The house must be built as per the approved drawings"). Then where it says "Please state why you wish the condition to be removed or changed" you put something like "See the attached schedule of changes to the approved drawings". The schedule should list all the changes and the reason why you are requesting them. Include a new set of drawings.

Major Material ammendnent

I think you need a new planning application.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Temp said:

Depending on the scale of the changes you need to go one of three different routes. Discuss the changes with planning first to see which route they say you need to go down. The first is the easiest..

Non-material Ammendments:

If the changes are minor there is a form for "non-material ammendments"..

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/faqs/faq/66/where_can_i_find_the_non-material_amendments_form

Minor Material ammendments

For these you use the Section 73 form which is normally for varying conditions. I've not done one but I believe you cite any condition that refers to the existing approved drawings. (They normally say things like "The house must be built as per the approved drawings"). Then where it says "Please state why you wish the condition to be removed or changed" you put something like "See the attached schedule of changes to the approved drawings". The schedule should list all the changes and the reason why you are requesting them. Include a new set of drawings.

Major Material ammendnent

I think you need a new planning application.

Thanks!

It appears the architectnologist I paid to do the changes to plans was advised section 73 but went ahead with an NMA? The planner was reasonably ‘sharp’ by email response.

Your post makes perfect sense- I just couldn’t figure it out on the form. Honestly- paperwork is one of the things I wish I could just pay somebody to make go away.

7709172E-3E46-4F98-91E7-F898691E77AC.png

6 hours ago, Temp said:

Yes, sounds like the planners considered the proposed changes were too great to be an NMA and requested a MMA instead. But your architect went ahead with an NMA anyway. 

i believe that’s the case. Actually spoke to the duty planner today about discharging my pre commencement conditions which was another task the architectnologist had  and didn’t do- the planning officer is away for 2 weeks now. 

duty planner was really helpful on the phone- completely took me by suprise, happy to talk through forms and processes. Top service!

Basically what @Temp mentioned above.

The condition you want to vary is ‘usually’ no. 2 or no. 3 as the the first relates to starting within three years (unless like some other LPA’s, they have a 1 year start date). The condition you want to vary will read something along the lines of…

“The development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the approved drawings [insert drawing numbers].”

You’d normally be expected to upload both the current/approved and replacement drawings including stating their numbers and prefix’s. The reason you can give can be something very similar like “to allow changes to the approved design”. If you wanted, you could note all the different changes but depends as to how much detail you provide.

• Like 1