Pan to Soil Connection

Barney12

Just wanted a quick bit of collective advice? Here's a picture of the soil pipe coming out into the new outside toilet. It's 20cm into the room (due to the rear wall of the garage being thicker than the simple stud frame of the outside loo).

The close coupled WC (already purchased) is going against the wall which is OSB clad. So I can either stud out a false wall to bring the WC forward (which isn't a problem, I've got room) or some how I've got to move the pipe back.

Some form of "S" bend in 110 pipe doesn't feel like a good idea and I don't normally like those flexi connectors but this is feeling like a situation where that's the only option?

Any other thoughts?

20170226_151511504_iOS.thumb.jpg.74ee925a1b9a942f9fe210f43d866f9b.jpg20170226_151533624_iOS.thumb.jpg.6697ea3c7d0fcac1adbc1af0229013da.jpg

11 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

You won't get two 90's back to back in that short a space. At 200mm from the back wall to the back of the soil, it's less than a whole pipe width ;)

Agreed. I think what @Onoff wants to know is; would such an "S" bend act as a "poo trap"? :) 

?

Basically, no.

Being so close to the loo, the flush velocity will be more than sufficient to send U571 to the depths without a clog. ;)

That said, having two tight 90's back to back ( on the horizontal plain ) is not a design that you should aim for when offset / obtuse / acute bends are freely available. I've done the bends back to back where I've had boxing in, but it should be avoided where possible. 

Even 90o elbows in 110mm soil are 'swept ', ( the internal bore is a continuous sweeping radius ) to a degree, so it's not exactly a sin afaic

Just playing with some fittings here in case it helps, assume the maple Contiboard is the OSB wall:

Two 45solvent weld, M/F then a solvent/ring seal adaptor then push fit pan connector. 150mm from "OSB" to centre of 110mm. Projects nom 300mm along:

20170325_085246

Then two 67.5o solvent weld M/F, puts centre of pipe nom 200mm from "OSB". Projects along about 275mm:

20170325_091837

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Just playing with some fittings here in case it helps, assume the maple Contiboard is the OSB wall:

Two 45solvent weld, M/F then a solvent/ring seal adaptor then push fit pan connector. 150mm from "OSB" to centre of 110mm. Projects nom 300mm along:

20170325_085246

Then two 67.5o solvent weld M/F, puts centre of pipe nom 200mm from "OSB". Projects along about 275mm:

20170325_091837

Thats fab. Thanks for doing that. 

6 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

All you chaps just seem to over complicate things,  

just get a flexible fitting like this one. 

Jobs a goodun. 

IMG_3075.JPG

All it needs is a light dusting of Halfords finest silver spray paint to be right up there with "The Faberge Dog's Egg" as featured in Viz. 

• Like 2

On 25/03/2017 at 21:19, Declan52 said:

If it's only a long sweep they are just about ok but if it has 2 bends then buy yourself a face mask as you will need it. 

How do the brown trouts not get stuck on the pic above with 2 bends, a dip and a rise.

The actual reality is that with a pan connector and its immediate connective pipework there is a lot of velocity ( flow / force ) to hammer said items through the first metre or so of pretty much whatever you like to 'throw' at it. 

Ive seen such things, as in the "dogshit" pic afore-posted, which have been working for decades without a single complaint. 

"I ? you not"

• Like 1

• 2 months later...