New Patio Doors flush to new patio - air brick in the way

Hello all

Just wondered if I can get some advice - I am having new patio doors and laying a new patio to the garden and looking to get a flush finish into the patio from the doors.  However there is airbrick in the wall directly under the doors which is connected to ducting into the old part of the house which is suspended timber flooring.  

How could I achieve this finish with the airbrick and still provide enough ventilation into the house.  Any genius ideas that could help me out here?

Pic below

patdpc.jpg

I would check the regulations on air brick requirements first as they have changed over the years.

You may find that the one you want to cover is not required now.

What I would do:

Add an airbrick to the side of the building where there is going to be no patio.

or

Add an airbrick in the wall 150mm above the patio each side of the patio doors ducted down.

or

Break down below the airbrick and extend a duct under the proposed patio foundations to come out either on a side or at the end of the patio

or

What ever the next bright spark has that is better.

Good luck

M

Thanks for the options Marvin - thinking about them:

Add an airbrick to the side of the building where there is going to be no patio. - Yes this would be possible given we will be digging the concrete floor in the kitchen area and potentially have the option to do this with ducting to the timber floor area.  My only concern is that its a semi detached house and the alleyway to the garden where I could do this is only around 70cm so the air flow might be restricted

Add an airbrick in the wall 150mm above the patio each side of the patio doors ducted down - not possible as there is a concrete slab which wont be taken up

Break down below the airbrick and extend a duct under the proposed patio foundations to come out either on a side or at the end of the patio - this sounds like a potential but the patio will be flush to the garden/grass area.  Do you think if we ducted out and put a grate in horizontally on one of the patio slabs - would that provide any airflow / ventilation?