Lutron Question

CADjockey

Hi All,

Anyone got any experience with Lutron Caseta? 

I'm only just begining to think about lights and switch placement.
Anyone got an opinion on wireless Lutron vs traditional analogue full cable to switch?

A

@CADjockeyI believe in the UK that its called Lutron RA2 / Pico?

I have the in line dimmer (paid about £80 now about £110) and a couple of switches that I purchased a couple of years ago to see how well it worked and to see if it would be ok for my extension. I have have the three areas wired up as standard so I can convert it easily. The idea of using the Pico system was that I could switch each area individually as I can now - but also control everything from one or two even switches and select pre set scenes.

I have tested it with a couple of Aurora down lights and it works very well - dims up and down really well, responsive switching.

I did not intend to use the controller hub box.

The price of the switches has also increased a lot over the last year or so - I need another 8 or so switches and 2 more dimmers to have it set up how I envisaged it would work but we are not using the area properly yet so I am holding off to see if we will actually need them and also as I will also need to justify the cost to SWMBO.

Edited by wozza