LPG rangemaster

Good afternoon,

I have purchased a LPG rangemaster (used). As much as I am used to attaching LPG cylinders to an appliance, I am a little uncertain as to the connection type on the end of the appliance pipe. This seems as if a simple pipe and jubilee fitting would not be secure. I am looking to get a gas engineer in but want to be clear and.moreover I am enjoying the learning process.

Thanks

16292071514135064718906877233982.jpg

So you should have the bayonet hose running to a proper bayonet connector that will have a 1/2” threaded connection. This goes to a 15mm solder connection and 15mm copper through the wall, then to a regulator. Reg then connects by flexible to the bottles. 

• Like 1

I think they have used several different connection methods over the years. Our 13 year old Britania Rangemaster dual fuel (lpg hob, electric oven) has a "rigid" copper gas pipe coming out of the floor into the gas hob. Makes it difficult to pull out for repairs. Has to be moved a bit then spanners used down the back to disconnect the gas pipe and allow further movement. 

@fiaraziqbal  Looks like the previous owner just cut the solid pipe. I would buy a new flexible pipe to bayonet to make servicing easier. The installation manual for some Rangemasters are online.