Plasterboard and Ames Taping

Ralph

In Scotland taping seems to be more common on new builds than plastering.

I have the tapers and painters coming out this weeks as I' m not happy with some of the taping and finishing. It's particularly noticeable at night when the lights are on. 

I'm no sure how they are going to be able to resolve them, any thoughts?

UpperHallWall.jpg

UpperHallByBedroom2.jpg

SittingRoomCeiling.jpg

MidStairByWindow.jpg

It is a shame the decorators started before the jointing was snagged.  There looks to be a few bits that shout.  Some of this may be down to the plasterboarding, some jointing and some decorating.  Typically they all want to get done and paid ASAP and leave it to the next trade.

Maybe @nod can give a few suggestions as to what to do now?

1 minute ago, Ralph said:

Yeah it was not until it was painted that a lot of these areas became apparent, to me anyway.

It's the jointing that bothers me the most as that looks the most difficult to remedy. 

Nothing a bit of sanding won’t sort

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nod said:

It’s quite an easy fix 5 minutes will sort out the joints in the picture 

Once it’s been painted you can’t use joint cement They will have to use easy-fil 

Thanks Nod, that puts my mind at rest. The last time I had something like this I got a lot of nonsense about needing to take plasterboard coming off etc. As @Mr Puntersaid some just want to get done, paid and go.

15 hours ago, Ralph said:

Thanks Nod, that puts my mind at rest. The last time I had something like this I got a lot of nonsense about needing to take plasterboard coming off etc. As @Mr Puntersaid some just want to get done, paid and go.

It really isn’t a big job 

• Thanks 1