Part E - solutions for existing floors

Sjp1

I own a mixed residential shop with 8 studios above. Old Edwardian high street building Historically the correct building regulations were not in place and so I have made an application for regularisation to get it up to standard and to comply. 
The council came round and have given me a list of 52 items of work - some major eg sprinkler systems in each unit, lobbies, fire boarding and some smaller. I think I can achieve compliance with most things within what I have budgeted fir the works however one major problem which will financial cripple me is that they will not negotiate or help to find a solution to the acoustics/flooring. Presently everywhere has original butt edged floorboarding in the whole building and they are saying everywhere has to be stripped, new flooring put down (which will mean kitchens have to be removed, fittings and fixtures and tenants moved out)
Has anyone any ideas how I can achieve compliancy but not have to literally empty flats out of tenants, kitchens, fixtures and then out new flooring down?