wallpapering around corners

TryC

Hello All,

I wondered if anyone could offer some advice.

What is the best way to wallpaper (lining paper) to be painted - around an outside facing corner? I have hired a professional to do the decorating and to my shock, they have just lined around the said corner but it has a bubble in the corner (you poke it and it moves because there is air in there). I purposely had the wall beaded so the corner was on fleck, but now the decorator just went round the corner and there is a visible bubble!!

I might be wrong but i thought you couldn't paper a full width of paper around a corner i.e. there should be a flap over the corner then joined/overlapped on the next piece.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

20210809_194553.jpg

Edited by TryC

9 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

I always cut into corner...they are never true vertically or 90 square so you end up with the paper running out. I could be wrong but explained to me by an old decorator.

do you mean for an internal corner?

• 10 months later...

Best way I inspired for me. Okay 2 ways. Don't do these types of external corners. If you already have them, you can glue DIY wooden corner on it. You can use any material you want of course. This make corner more likely look and more durable. I've use this lifehack for years and it works great, another DIY tricks now I find out here