UK Power coming to survey.

Anyone know what sort of connection charge we might be looking at? We are approximately 60m from the road where there is a 3 phase supply which is what we are having installed. Want to go bathroom shopping but funds are getting tight.

4 minutes ago, IanR said:

I reckon around £8.5K incl. £3.5K for a replacement 100kVA 3 phase transformer, with you digging the trench and laying in a duct ready for them to pull the cable through.

A neighbour recently paid to have a new 3 phase transformer so we hope to dodge that charge?

We are having the electric installed at the same time a sewer install. UK power charge for Three phase is £1445 for planning etc and £221 for 13 metres of trunking and cable so approx £17.00 per metre. It does seem cheap so not sure if they have made a mistake.

Are you having a recessed or surface mount cabinet. We had to have surface mount and their supplier for East Anglia wanted £428 for the cabinet, managed to find on 20mm smaller than their spec but planner said will be ok for £238. 

Hockey stick is the problem, UK power have asked for white 50mm but they are not available so I have asked UK power to supply this item and looks like it will be Black so should be interesting on the day.

Install due 27th August so will let you know how it all goes

5 hours ago, NewToAllOfThis said:

We are having the electric installed at the same time a sewer install. UK power charge for Three phase is £1445 for planning etc and £221 for 13 metres of trunking and cable so approx £17.00 per metre. It does seem cheap so not sure if they have made a mistake.

Are you having a recessed or surface mount cabinet. We had to have surface mount and their supplier for East Anglia wanted £428 for the cabinet, managed to find on 20mm smaller than their spec but planner said will be ok for £238. 

Hockey stick is the problem, UK power have asked for white 50mm but they are not available so I have asked UK power to supply this item and looks like it will be Black so should be interesting on the day.

Install due 27th August so will let you know how it all goes

We found a cabinet that came out, along with two more artic loads, of the Olympic Park when they took it all down. It is free standing and situated near the garage, bigger than we need but better than too small. It cost £80. We are using a well established local electrical company to supply our solar panels and wire the house etc. I asked him to negotiate the job with UK Power because my IT skills were not up to providing plans etc. Sometimes these people have a nice working relationship with the big utilities. There is a civil engineer living opposite and he often gets his work signed off with no visit necessary.