Outside Toilet

Barney12

Thought I'd start my "outside toilet" thread after the previous thread involving getting the first fix plumbing outside. 

Basically take one disused log store lean-too on the side of the garage and add the lack of desire to hire a portaloo for the build and the bog project was born! 

Ive actually only used 2m of the 6.5m length so might have to imagineer other uses for the store as it's currently filling up with crap! 

P.S. The chickens love a bit of DIY, especially where sawdust is created. :) 

20170319_143023447_iOS.thumb.jpg.7c77ad8e4261dd039a77ac42bcfabe17.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Thought I'd start my "outside toilet" thread after the previous thread involving getting the first fix plumbing outside. 

[...]

Ive actually only used 2m of the 6.5m length so might have to imagineer other uses for the store as it's currently filling up with crap! 

That was deliberate wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I thought it was a fairly bog standard thread for round here. 

Come on, time to close the lid on this...

Seriously, I assume there was some forethought to this as I spy what looks like the end of 110mm soil stack poking up.

53 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

Looks more like a rain water gully to me. 

Yep its the rain water gully for the log store roof. Which of course has never got as far as having a drainpipe anywhere near it! but its only been there circa 3-4 years so lets not rush eh!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

Clear-view window I notice. Wonder whether there's a smoke extractor in there too?

Jeldwen "Stormsure" double glazed timber window. Like all the Jeldwen windows in the outbuildings they were procured over several years from eBay. Possibly one of the few benefits of planning delays :) 

Contractors could consider smoking but only if they fancy their gonads being removed by my wife with a rusty spoon who has a major issue with smoking :D Trust me the screaming will be louder than even the most powerful of smoke alarm sirens ;) 

A productive day. All the cladding finshed and the internal studwork sorted. The Belfast sink came out of a skip :) 

I think my floating platform for the sink is a little over engineered but it is blooomin heavy!

The chooooks have also been enjoying the sun and watching me work! :D

20170325_152904240_iOS.thumb.jpg.56f1a3a2f1f8411a6810d1760c111c62.jpg20170325_152854051_iOS.thumb.jpg.7ead86bd2bc1afadda336a07198e2943.jpg20170325_152919794_iOS.thumb.jpg.dafe5667ee6380de37712788757050f4.jpg20170325_111221747_iOS.thumb.jpg.85208956b4203da13020703fbebc8b2d.jpg

We need to see that pan connector.......

All looking good. But that pan would not pass muster with my SWMBO. She has a thing about not having "ledges" for dust to settle on, and that includes not having an exposed U bend.  We both had to go into town last week to find one that satisfied my My <£100 budget and her "no ledges" criteria.

• Like 1