John Lewis Oven?

I've had a John Lewis dishwasher and washing machine before and both worked fine. I didn't realise they made ovens though until I saw this: https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-jlbiosb650-single-electric-oven-a-energy-rating-black/p4816110

Anyone knows who makes it for them? Says it's made in Germany, so I'm wondering if it might be AEG. Looks a bit pricy, but maybe it's worth it given it's pyrolytic and has good reviews.

It seems to be an AEG, if you look at the specs, they are exactly the same size and they have the same pattern on the grill over the fan at the back.

The AEGs seem to be much cheaper, although the ones with all digital controls are a similar price.

https://www.johnlewis.com/aeg-bps355020m-built-in-single-steambake-electric-oven-stainless-steel/p4251281

https://www.johnlewis.com/aeg-steambake-bps555020m-59cm-built-in-single-electric-oven-a-energy-rating-stainless-steel/p4977057

1 hour ago, Adsibob said:

Looks a bit pricy, but maybe it's worth it given it's pyrolytic and has good reviews.

Got one and it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought ..!! They are AEG - very well built too. Even on the pyro setting the glass doesn’t get warm on the outside but it is noisy as the fans run full chat. 

it’s this one 

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-jlbios643-built-in-single-electric-oven-a-energy-rating-stainless-steel/p5113535

23 hours ago, Onoff said:

Interesting site. Particularly the conclusion:

Althoguh little more than rebranded Electroluxproducts in the main, the blend of good customer service and a strong warranty makes John Lewis a reasonable choice to make although a more expensive one

what’s the better choice then?

24 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

which means your choice of Zanussi or AEG at the spec you desire.

Because effectively Zanussi, AEG and JL are all made by the Electrolux? For some reason I thought Zanussi was Italian.

• 2 months later...
On 30/07/2021 at 19:49, PeterW said:

Got one and it’s the best thing I’ve ever bought ..!! They are AEG - very well built too. Even on the pyro setting the glass doesn’t get warm on the outside but it is noisy as the fans run full chat. 

it’s this one 

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-jlbios643-built-in-single-electric-oven-a-energy-rating-stainless-steel/p5113535

@PeterW i note that the only negative comment made in the JL reviews of this oven is "Only negative point is the removal of the side grill's for self cleaning is a little tough." Have you found that to be an issue. We had a pyrolitic zanussi and funnily enough that was the only issue with that - it was VERY fiddly to remove the internal racks which support the oven trays. These had to be removed every time one cleaned because they weren't sufficiently heat proof to withstand the pyrolitic feature.

16 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

@PeterW i note that the only negative comment made in the JL reviews of this oven is "Only negative point is the removal of the side grill's for self cleaning is a little tough." Have you found that to be an issue. We had a pyrolitic zanussi and funnily enough that was the only issue with that - it was VERY fiddly to remove the internal racks which support the oven trays. These had to be removed every time one cleaned because they weren't sufficiently heat proof to withstand the pyrolitic feature.

We have a Lamona oven (Howdens own brand, god knows who actually makes it) and SWMBO finds the side grills impossible to remove and re fit so I am always tasked with that job.

6 minutes ago, ProDave said:

We have a Lamona oven (Howdens own brand, god knows who actually makes it) and SWMBO finds the side grills impossible to remove and re fit so I am always tasked with that job.

How long does it take you to remove them and to refit them?

1 minute ago, Adsibob said:

How long does it take you to remove them and to refit them?

Seconds to remove them.  A bit longer to re fit them if someone has moved them from where you carefully placed them correctly oriented, and you have to work out which way round they go once more. 

10 hours ago, Adsibob said:

They do clip out pretty easily tbh - I left them in once by accident and they went a lovely shade of blueing but they have since faded …   They pull out front first then unclip at the back.