Door Threshold damp detail

MortarThePoint

I'm not sure what I should be doing at the door thresholds in regards the Cavity Tray. Below is a photo. You can see the floor membrane which goes on to bridge the cavity and all the way to the outer face of brickwork. There is a cavity tray above the membrane and you can just see some of it jutting out of the blockwork (circled RED). The cavity tray has been cut to lie flat on the membrane in the door threshold. A 40-50mm thick screed is going on top of the membrane and the timber you can see is there as stuttering, with subsequent perimeter strip to be added. What should I do with the DPC? Should I tuck it out of the way so that I can then lay it onto the screed, or should I cast it under the screed?

The plan will be to later use slate or something to cross the cavity under the door frame and then fill any gaps with Self Levelling Compound. Does this sound sensible, or is there a better option.

The thresholds are not level, with a step up from the patio of around 125mm. That is except for the front door which is level, but under a porch so should be dry.

As it's not a level threshold and will be under the sill I don't think this DPC really matters does it?

image.thumb.png.67c0166f0bb4743986c473c1de52a757.png

56 minutes ago, MortarThePoint said:

My Cavity closer should do that for me as the door frame won't extend further back than the cavity closer (will it)

Yes it should I guess, my cavity closer does not extend onto the inner blocks.