Lead roll top ridge and hip per linear meter cost.

Could someone with Spons or building experience give me some idea of the cost of fitting roll top lead ridge and hip on a 30 degree pitch.

This would be a new roof build roof with the slate just fitted and with scaffolding up.

I would also be interested to hear the price differential for doing the same in regular angled slates fitted "semi dry" (one nail plus small dab of mortar) as one roofer described it.

On 30/07/2021 at 07:00, Oz07 said:

Never paid for beadwork by the metre. Roofer always does it under his day rate. How big is it any photos

A proper leadworker always charges by the metre. I'm a roofer and can do leadwork but when I get someone in for welding etc it's always by the metre

2 hours ago, makie said:

A proper leadworker always charges by the metre. I'm a roofer and can do leadwork but when I get someone in for welding etc it's always by the metre

What's the rate then?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oz07 said:

What's the rate then?

All depends on the area and what exactly is being done. I've paid anywhere between 30 and 150 a metre. Christ I've even paid 800 for a finial to be made up for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oz07 said:

The guy I use is pretty hot at leadwork but you don't get much on a standard roof. Any of his big lead jobs are just an All in price. 

I'm the same. I can do the majority of leadwork and have a very good knowledge of it. There is some stuff I won't do as I can't make it look as good as a proper leadworker.

On 01/08/2021 at 01:00, makie said:

All depends on the area and what exactly is being done. I've paid anywhere between 30 and 150 a metre. Christ I've even paid 800 for a finial to be made up for me.

I suppose another way of looking at the job price is how many linear meters a day can a lead worker shape and fit, divided into the expected daily £ rate. In my case:

2.5m ridge

2.3m hip x 2

Fancy capping piece where the ridge and hips meet.

Plus 4m of roof abutment flashing.

I am looking at code-5 lead shaped about a standard 50mm mop stick, think that equates to 450mm lead roll. I hope a 30 degree pitch means a simpler working environment. No parapet wall just a simple drop off into a gutter.

On 30/07/2021 at 08:24, Conor said:

As above, our roofer included leadwork in his slate laying rate, I supplied the materials. Why not a dry ridge system?

The building trade does not do modern fancy stuff in Lincolnshire.