Possible savings when all plumbing kept in the same quadrant?

I have read here quite often that trying to keep plumbing/services in nearby area of the house (e.g. cloakroom and utility next to each other on the ground floor and bathroom/en suite right above it) can save a decent penny on the build budget.

However, whenever I see some new builds springing up nearby, I always check it out and hardly ever developers keep them together. So question is: How much can it really save? I know every build will be different but have you any real life examples?

Thanks

It does make a difference for us self builders 

Like trying to keep rooms square as possible 

In truth mass builders don’t care if they make life easy for trades They em will pay the plumbers the same on a nice easy design as a difficult design 

It would have halved the number of stacks on my build and removed a whole section of foul drain. Cost of parts saved is small, but design time and implementation design runs to many days of effort to get everything as I want it. But I made the call that I would live in the house far longer than I would spend building it. (This may have been a bad call, given the way things are going...)

Ha I had the exact same question, and an M&E + AV trade told me that the length of the runs, the location and space for smart home components (doubling up on brains etc) will incur somewhere between 5 and 10% extra cost for the total M&E package. 

TBH that sounds somewhat high but I think 5% is not unrealistic