Rate My Roofer

Conor

It's depressing to see so many dodgy roofing job posts here. Our Slater's have nearly finished, here's their work to date:IMG_20210723_174033.thumb.jpg.dcd0e583f8737c689bec317519b2b19f.jpg

I've never had a roof slated before, or seen one close up. But I'm very happy.

IMG_20210723_174344.jpg

IMG_20210723_174100.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Reckon you could have fried soda bread on that roof this past week.

Looks really good.

The guys couldn't work on the west facing door after mid morning as the lead and slates were too hot to work with. They're leaving the south roof until Monday when hopefully it's a bit cooler.

As I used to say to my workers - doing a good job is easy but doing a great job just takes a little bit more effort,  but there are very few contractors doing a great job because they think it costs them in profit or they have to charge more money and won’t get the job, however if you are also very efficient in what you do from start to finish you can do a great job quicker than the average contractor does a standard job, have pride in your work, very happy customers and suddenly have a very very good reputation and get the pick of the jobs (the ones where it’s not all about the customer wanting the cheapest job…… ) and then your enjoying your work, making loads of cash and walking of jobs proud of what you have done. - and have happy customers ! 

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Slates are sitting nice and flat.  What type are they?

Del Carmen prime, £1.50 ea from SSQ. They didn't even need to grade them.

Edited by Conor