MF ceiling and walls for Cinema room

tanneja

Hi all,

Have read many threads and downloaded the whitebooks for GypFrame and Casoline MF, so have the schemes for the walls and ceiling that I am prepared to do to get the DB insulation I desire.  What I can't seem to find anywhere is advice as to which to do first...do you do the walls from floor to ceiling, then drop the casoline system ceiling within these walls, or do the casoline first then marry the walls from floor up to the new ceiling?

I am tempted by the former thinking it might lead to more stable walls which will take more force at times than the ceiling which is left alone.  Is either approach likely to be any better for sound insulation?  Thinking about it, it is the noise permeating through the neighbour party wall that I am most keen to address, so it is probably the former, but would welcome any advice.

Warm regards

Edited by tanneja

Ideally we normally run the walls up first 

Insulate and board Seal up with acoustic sealant  Then drop the ceiling 

It’s worth adding a deflection head 

Should show you this in the white book 

• Like 1

What I didn't think to say is that the ceiling in the room is back to joists at the moment, which presumably will be an issue for doing walls first, as what will I fix the top channel to?  I can attach to the joists where the wall runs perpendicular to the joists, but not the walls that are parallel to them, unless we add more noggins

Edited by tanneja

10 hours ago, tanneja said:

Hi all,

Have read many threads and downloaded the whitebooks for GypFrame and Casoline MF, so have the schemes for the walls and ceiling that I am prepared to do to get the DB insulation I desire.  What I can't seem to find anywhere is advice as to which to do first...do you do the walls from floor to ceiling, then drop the casoline system ceiling within these walls, or do the casoline first then marry the walls from floor up to the new ceiling?

I am tempted by the former thinking it might lead to more stable walls which will take more force at times than the ceiling which is left alone.  Is either approach likely to be any better for sound insulation?  Thinking about it, it is the noise permeating through the neighbour party wall that I am most keen to address, so it is probably the former, but would welcome any advice.

Warm regards

Normally  use flat plate instead of timber nogs Or flatten some 600 mil pieces of track 

Pictures would help