Scratched toilet pan

Tennentslager

Not so clever daughter cleaned the inside of the student private rental loo with wire wool and the loo brush and it's all scratched.

I spent £8 on the little stick thing when I scratched my new sink with titanium wedding ring but it improved it only very very slightly.

She's worried about loosing her three month deposit around $1500. Any tips, yes, she's in USA on full financial scholarship.

Is it obvious, or have they already sussed it?  If not obvious, some blue loo cleaner could help disguise.  I am quite surprised that wire wool would case much damage.  I also doubt that on the basis she got a full scholarship she is anything other than very clever.

I wonder if there's an equivalent of the Mrmagic franchise in the US? 

There seems too, to be many more options for "porcelain spray paint" type products in the US:

https://hdsupplysolutions.com/c/porcelain-repair-00-100-40-15

The danger of her DIY ing of course is making it worse. Many of the paints you have to leave to harden for X days also.

Did she take a before photo? If that bad maybe "re dirty" it then call the landlord. "Oh look, it's all scratched underneath, that's why it gets so dirty!" ?

28 minutes ago, markc said:

Is it porcelain? white or coloured plastic or stainless steel?

12 minutes ago, Ian Phillips said:

Have you tried Jif/Cif, and a lot of elbow grease!

I'm thinking she's scratched the glazed porcelain is the issue?

SWMBO here has used a DIY bath refinishing kit a couple of times at a previous house and tbh it came up well. Quite expensive and labour intensive. From memory you have to "sand" whatever it is you're going to paint.

Then here in this place she changed the whole suite colour from advocado to white when we first moved in. Did the bath, bath panel, basin/pedestal and wc & cistern. This is mid rip out but give her her due it came up alright at the time. I think she even did the inside of the wc and it lasted. I'll look later. Think the pan is still in the garden being used as a quirky planter!

P1210071