Decided to give this a test run . Choose purge for 60 mins - just too see if it worked . I know I’m meant to balance this at some point later ; but what should I alter ( if anything ) on the settings ??

Vent Axia Sx 

8E429409-6F24-4233-815A-495E6FE30F35.jpeg

460612C8-B53D-465E-8AA4-0F8D42A8E2CE.jpeg

I'd lower the Indoor Temp threshold slightly (to, say, 20C or perhaps slightly above your heating set temp) so that the bypass cuts in sooner when the right conditions are met (outdoor temp < indoor temp, indoor > 20C, outdoor >14C). Note that if the outdoor temp is greater than indoor temp then the heat exchanger should remain in-circuit as it works in both directions i.e. heat from the (warmer) outside air will be transferred to the outgoing (cooler) inside air hence cooling the supply slightly (I've seen up to -3C in practice recently).

Is the humidity screen a measurement or a trigger setting (e.g. for boost)? The presence of an outdoor value is making me think the former.

Edited by MJNewton
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

I'd lower the Indoor Temp threshold slightly (to, say, 20C or perhaps slightly above your heating set temp) so that the bypass cuts in sooner when the right conditions are met (outdoor temp < indoor temp, indoor > 20C, outdoor >14C). Note that if the outdoor temp is greater than indoor temp then the heat exchanger should remain in-circuit as it works in both directions i.e. heat from the (warmer) outside air will be transferred to the outgoing (cooler) inside air hence cooling the supply slightly (I've seen up to -3C in practice recently).

Is the humidity screen a measurement or a trigger setting (e.g. for boost)? The presence of an outdoor value is making me think the former.

I assume it is for boosting . Can’t remember seeing an option though to ‘set it ‘