Shallow soil pipe

Hydra

Howdy folk, 

Just wanted to prepare a little for the future, 

Having a soil pipe run put in, as i'm on a slope, unfortunately, the soil pipe will be approximately 8-12 inches underground. My BCO is happy with 1" of concrete over the top for safety from spades etc, but I wanted to ask how this would fare if I were to later dig and lay a drive?

Already 12 inches would seem to imply it'll be barely below the hardcore layer, so i'm a little scared of a) digging and b) driving over it. 

Am I being overly paranoid? 

Cheers in advance.

What will the drive surface be? If it’s concrete then no problem at all as the slab will bridge  the pipe run and cause no problems. If the surface will be paved or shingle etc then put a thicker cap over the pipe and you will need less hardcore in that area.

32 minutes ago, markc said:

What will the drive surface be? If it’s concrete then no problem at all as the slab will bridge  the pipe run and cause no problems. If the surface will be paved or shingle etc then put a thicker cap over the pipe and you will need less hardcore in that area.

Something permeable as I really want to keep building regs out of my life, for the rest of my life :D 

The intention was likely gravel - would you have a minimum thickness suggested for concrete under gravel and hardcore?

Cheers

7 hours ago, Hydra said:

Something permeable as I really want to keep building regs out of my life, for the rest of my life :D 

The intention was likely gravel - would you have a minimum thickness suggested for concrete under gravel and hardcore?

Cheers

So not looking for a heavy traffic, heavy wheel load drive. In that case I would cap with say 4 inches of concrete over the pipe, around 12 inches wide (you could use pre cast slabs laid loose in case you ever need to get back to the pipe) then the hardcore and topping.