Gas ducting & straight line

Wales & West Utilities info says 

"Ducting must be laid in a straight line with services running perpendicular to the mains pipe.

Ducts must terminate a minimum of 1m from the service entry point to allow for assembly and
installation of the service entry fittings. An open excavation must be left at this point"

Pits must be left open at intervals of not longer than 20m to assist the insertion of the PE pipe.
Additional pits must be left open at any bends in the service pipe."

Route A was the proposed plan sent to WWU.

Builder's groundworks man proposes trench in the middle of the reinforced grass driveway. So that large lorries will straddle the trench. (routes B and C)

B and C are not completely straight lines. Should I chance them?

Gas to new backland dwelling site layout_s.jpg

As long as you have a draw cord in the duct that runs freely and you take pictures of the trench before filling There really won’t be any issues 

Running up the centre of the drive is a good idea 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WWilts said:

How do you insert a drawstring into perforated gas ducting?
Non-perforated is easy (suction or blower)

Same way, blower will always tend to blow through the open end. Failing that ... old industrial sparkies trick, catch a rat, tie string to its tail, push it into the duct.

Please dont shoot the messenger, i love animals and rats.

• Like 1

Can't you buy duct with a draw string already installed? That's what we did for the electric.

Otherwise I'd try laying it out straight on flat ground, tie something like a sash window weight to a light string. Lower it in one end using a step ladder, then pull the duct over the steps or "walk" a wave shape section of pipe along to the other end (eg so the weight surfs down the wave ?

• Like 1