Eclisse pocket door wobble .

Pocster

Hate this door - worst thing on the entire build .

Anyway !

This supplied piece was meant to be fixed in the frame at the base to stop the door to stop wobbling as it slides out . As everything was a PITA I left it out - until now ?

It won’t fit . There’s no way I am taking the door off . Whilst I might stick brushes down the sides to fill the vertical gaps and stop crap going in there I still need to fit a “ anti wobble “ device at the base . Any sensible suggestions welcome apart from ct1 sticking it as in the photo !!

265EFC20-7376-497E-83F6-391FBC82B60E.jpeg

7BCA2B0C-964A-471D-A3EE-48CB0DB4869F.jpeg

15DFDC83-BCDD-400D-A787-D2C5FD47FA9C.jpeg

You definitely need it, or you could fit a couple of plastic slide pads in the slot but they will leave marks on the door as it slides past them.

Take the door out and do it properly

11 minutes ago, pocster said:

Might cut that metal b’stard . Ct1 the base of it and tweezer it into place . Requires extreme ninja like skills though .

Tom cruise even turned down this mission impossible. I’m taller than him so can do it 

Yes I think you may want to trim the metal threshold.  The lugs on the side of the plate look a bit crap.  I guess they were to locate it in the frame, for the benefit of those installers who follow the instructions...

If it looks really crap you could maybe get something from a shower that would work, but your glass looks quite thick.

Edited by Mr Punter

Why has that base plate got funny stick out bits at the ends. Cut em off!!!,  cut the threshold strip so it sits flat on the tiles, drill and countersink and use two stainless screws into the floor/tiles. ?

57 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

for the benefit of those installers who follow the instructions...

Don’t (expletive deleted)ing start ! . I had 7 sets of instructions and 4 different slider mechanisms supplied ! Eclisse were zero help as they just send all the instructions out as there’s so much variation . They are (expletive deleted) wits . I’m hot and fed up so @Mr Punter leave me alone ?

Edited by pocster

57 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Why has that base plate got funny stick out bits at the ends. Cut em off!!!,  cut the threshold strip so it sits flat on the tiles, drill and countersink and use two stainless screws into the floor/tiles. ?

Yeah but then it will be outside the frame I.e visible . Really want to get it in the shitty frame 

Just now, Mr Punter said:

OK.

Just wondering, would you recommend the Eclisse pocket door system to others?

Yes ! With one set of instructions and 1 ( correct ) runner .

You’re a nice man really 

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Might cut that metal b’stard . Ct1 the base of it and tweezer it into place . Requires extreme ninja like skills though .

Looks like the wheels are too big to do that?

image.png.309828245bb42881c4af2b06a050a9c2.png

Edited by Temp

5 minutes ago, Temp said:

Looks like the wheels are too big to do that?

image.png.309828245bb42881c4af2b06a050a9c2.png

Yeah . I found a slightly smaller wheel . So 1 ‘ as is wheel ‘ and one smaller wheel will *just* fit ( less than 1mm of play ) ???

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joe90 said:

If you did make up your own wheels and plate to fit in the pocket how would you fix it with zero space to get your fingers/drill/screws (unless to CT1,d it)?

Ct1 only answer ?

Tom Cruise here , I’ve borrowed pocsters account for a bit .

After hours of prep , some dry run thru’s - we finally went for it . Absolute silence on the set as I do the most extreme and skilful stunt I’ve ever performed. Remember this scene from my next movie “Mission Impossible: Glass door dilemma “ ( rated 18 - due to extreme scenes of a DIY nature ) 

4894AE8A-9C6E-48CF-A1FB-30184CAE41C1.jpeg

• Like 2

we used a kit from howdens on a pair of oak sliders, it had a small metal pin that you fixed into the bottom edge of the door and it located in a small runner inside the 'pocket' part on the floor. worked ok, still a bit of flap at full extension but workable.

• Like 1