Unrolled my own

SteamyTea

It is not often that Cornwall gets hot. But one thing we do have on the 20 days a year without clouds is very powerful solar radiation.

Now that we are in an area that has been issued with the countries first 'heat' warning from the Met Office, and I know I am going to be working in extreme temperatures tonight, I thought I would try and keep my bedroom a little cooler.

Total price <£

IMG_20210720_143844223.jpg

@SteamyTea, you Nick that from your kitchen at work ?, I must admit my south facing conservatory got to 39’ today with all windows and doors open (but no wind) , kept the bifolds to the house shut and curtains closed. For next year when I have more plants I bought a roll of scaffolding green netting to hang in the roof to diffuse the rays a little during the hottest time (to stop plants from burning).

5 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

It is not often that Cornwall gets hot. But one thing we do have on the 20 days a year without clouds is very powerful solar radiation.

Now that we are in an area that has been issued with the countries first 'heat' warning from the Met Office, and I know I am going to be working in extreme temperatures tonight, I thought I would try and keep my bedroom a little cooler.

Total price <£

IMG_20210720_143844223.jpg

Is that tin foil or an inflamable alternative?

25 minutes ago, pocster said:

Nice and cool underground people …..

"Bilbo meets a creature named Gollum who lives on an island in a dark, hidden lake at the heart of the Misty Mountains. He is about the size of a hobbit, but nearly hairless, and slimy-skinned from living in and near the water for so long. He also has huge bulbous eyes, similar to other naturally-occurring water creatures who live in the dark depths. "

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

"Bilbo meets a creature named Gollum who lives on an island in a dark, hidden lake at the heart of the Misty Mountains. He is about the size of a hobbit, but nearly hairless, and slimy-skinned from living in and near the water for so long. He also has huge bulbous eyes, similar to other naturally-occurring water creatures who live in the dark depths. "

Now , now , no need to be horrid to @Onoff

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Tried reading LOTR, gave up. Fell asleep just past the opening scenes of the first film. What complete b@l@cks!

Give me Warcraft any day.

If I wanted to hear people speak funny I'd go to Bristol or Cornwall. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Tried reading LOTR, gave up. Fell asleep just past the opening scenes of the first film. What complete b@l@cks!

Give me Warcraft any day.

If I wanted to hear people speak funny I'd go to Bristol or Cornwall.