Stuck on the toilet

MortarThePoint

I think I recall someone saying somewhere that they had glued their toilet to the screed rather than bolting it down. This is of interest to me for two reasons:

• Allows UFH pipes to pass below. In one place I haven't finalised the toilet position
  • Safer over any membranes

If glued down, is there any way of getting the toilet unstuck without smashing it if you need to remove it later?

Mate of mine got superglued to a toilet seat. I once saw cling film on a urinal.

But the best is my sister. After a long drive down to the South of France, she was busting. Ran to the loo, flipped the lid, sat down and let it flow.

She forgot it had a secondary lid to reduce the odor when left unused for months. She may as well just have done it in her pants. 

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MortarThePoint said:

Can a glued down toilet weather the storm?

Definitely! CT1 or similar flexible sealer/adhesive. stops rocking, creaking and breaking tiles.

16 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Mate of mine got superglued to a toilet seat. I once saw cling film on a urinal.

But the best is my sister. After a long drive down to the South of France, she was busting. Ran to the loo, flipped the lid, sat down and let it flow.

She forgot it had a secondary lid to reduce the odor when left unused for months. She may as well just have done it in her pants. 

I remember waiting for a bus on our local.  Bus station An old man being carried out of the toilets with a loo seat stuck to his behind and the firemen trying there hardest not to laugh 

I overheard one saying it wouldn’t be so bad if it was just stuck to his Arse 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nod said:

I remember waiting for a bus on our local.  Bus station An old man being carried out of the toilets with a loo seat stuck to his behind and the firemen trying there hardest not to laugh 

I overheard one saying it wouldn’t be so bad if it was just stuck to his Arse 

Poor guy, but hopefully he saw the funny side eventually.

3 minutes ago, nod said:

overheard one saying it wouldn’t be so bad if it was just stuck to his Arse

I know a midwife who was called into casualty to 'help the fire man' remove a pipe fitting from a young man's member.

When she got there, there was also hematology, trauma, neurology, police, press, Et Al. all giving advice.

Not sure if a blacksmith was called.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MortarThePoint said:

So just to be clear  glue only, no screws or bolts?

If using CT1 or similar then no need to screw or bolt ... assuming floor is tiled / solid. Did once see one glued to vinyl flooring.