Mains fed fire alarms

Pocster

I need to order these up. So have 2 core + earth to each location.

6 fire, 1 heat required

Looked at 

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/radio-interlinked-smoke-alarms/

But they are like £70+ each!! ( with wireless comms between them )

Any other recommendations???

Also need a carbon monoxide detector ( for log fire ) assume this does not need to trigger the others for an alarm ....

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about this . Can I just have battery powered wireless interlinked alarms ? 
Much cheaper . Doesn’t require a sparky to install them . 
I can just ignore my power cable to each alarm point then .

Regs in a domestic new build aren’t it *has* to be mains powered are they ??

The time to ask was before you plasterboarded.

2 core & earth to first alarm, then 3 core and earth from that to the next, and the next and the next etc.  No need for radio linking.  The radio linking bit costs more than the basic alarms.

Another vote for Aico.  If they are too expensive look on ebay but CHECK the "replace by" date if buying from ebay, lots of old stock about.

• Like 1

Aico or at a push Aico.

Saying that I have once fitted Kidde when I couldn't get Aico in a rush. Wired which were OK tbh if a bit bulky. 

You can with most get a little test station from where you can test your alarms or in the event of a trigger hush all those except the ones going off. 

Aico do really good installer/specifier pocket book guides for the sake of a 5 minute sign up.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way at all of getting black smoke and heat alarms for a residential house without needing to go industrial with panels etc?  I saw so many when I did an initial look but after calling a few online stores none know of any domestic sensors that will meet UK regs (i.e. mains powered with battery backup)