Baskil windows (NI) review

JamieM

Thought I’d write a quick review of my experience with Baskil windows (NI)

As I already had my windows for the house all I was ordering was an external fire door (with an FD30 fire rating) for between our joined garage and the house

After I confirmed I wanted someone to call out and measure up the opening, someone was out in 2 days time.

Then as soon as I paid a 50% deposit, the door would start to be made.

After my initial payment I was told that the door would be ready to be installed in 2-3 weeks later.

After about a week and a half to about 2 weeks (can’t remember exactly), I got a call to see when it would suit me for the installation guys to come out and install the door.

I agreed on a day and on that day I rang up the salesman to get a more exact time which was given to me.  He rang me back an hour later to let me know they were running half an hour behind which is fine (I get annoyed when companies tell you a time and you are waiting and they don’t let you know they are running an hour or 2 late).  Although I wasn’t there, I was told the door was installed in less than half an hour and the installation team were friendly.

About 3 or 4 days after the installation, someone from their quality control team came round to check the door and make sure the install went ok

Overall, I am happy with the door and the service.

Just thought I’d write a quick review as in the past I’d heard about them having a bad customer service which is the opposite of what I found (although obviously mine was a small order)

Going to write a few other reviews for other companies I have dealt with during my build process though waiting until I have received everything from them and made my final payments to them.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post up or pm me.

• Like 2

I got all my windows and doors from them and had pretty much the same experience. 

They got hammered in the past because of the windows they installed on most of the sites here. Most of the builders wanted cheap windows so they got cheap windows. Not really Baskils fault. 

I know one of their fitters and they are flat out at the minute with most of the builds going for the 3g passive range. He obviously doesn't like them as they are very heavy!!!

They're one of the suppliers we'll be going to for a price so it's great to hear positive feedback @JamieM, thanks for that.

I'll be keeping an eye out to read your other reviews with interest.

Edited by JohnW
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Give me a shout nearer the time and i will get you the number of the rep who done me and Dee a good turn.

I can also pass on the number of the rep for the Antrim area, if at any stage someone wants it.

• Like 1

Your experiences are a lot different from mine.

I ordered 34 windows and 4 doors last Oct. The fitters had to come back a few times to fix some of the windows as they'd fitted them into wrong locations. One of the doors was measured incorrectly and required them to come back.  When installing one of the other doors they broke the frame in two places.

Two windows were broken at fitting time so I'm still waiting on two window inserts to be replaced since installation

The door has yet to be fixed

A number of the triple glazed units are badly made, dirt between panes, looks to be finger prints inside frames. 

Number of frames are damaged at the sides to what looks like a manufacturing fault.

A number of the doors and windows don't close right and catch the frame.

Handles on number of windows are loose.

The units are supposed to be passive yet gaps at bottom of each door, patio door can see between them. They have not installed any sort of stormguards.

The brackets that hold the windows in have not all been attached to the house blockwork.

So 5-6 months after installation the work has still not been corrected. 

Just about every unit has some sort of problem.  

Needless to say baskil are not being used in any other of the houses being built. 

The recourse for me at this stage is probably getting a different firm to fix the issues and add the costs to legal claim to be made against Baskil.

23 minutes ago, 8u1LD3r said:

Your experiences are a lot different from mine.

I ordered 34 windows and 4 doors last Oct. The fitters had to come back a few times to fix some of the windows as they'd fitted them into wrong locations. One of the doors was measured incorrectly and required them to come back.  When installing one of the other doors they broke the frame in two places.

Two windows were broken at fitting time so I'm still waiting on two window inserts to be replaced since installation

The door has yet to be fixed

A number of the triple glazed units are badly made, dirt between panes, looks to be finger prints inside frames. 

Number of frames are damaged at the sides to what looks like a manufacturing fault.

A number of the doors and windows don't close right and catch the frame.

Handles on number of windows are loose.

The units are supposed to be passive yet gaps at bottom of each door, patio door can see between them. They have not installed any sort of stormguards.

The brackets that hold the windows in have not all been attached to the house blockwork.

So 5-6 months after installation the work has still not been corrected. 

Just about every unit has some sort of problem.  

Needless to say baskil are not being used in any other of the houses being built. 

The recourse for me at this stage is probably getting a different firm to fix the issues and add the costs to legal claim to be made against Baskil.

@8u1LD3r You reference other of the house being built.  Are you a (small?) developer or a serial self builder?

That's not good at all. The way they usually work is you don't pay 50% till the windows have been been in for 4/6  weeks so i take it you still are with holding money till all that is listed above is fully fixed.