structural concerns over heavy sound proofing underlay

Hello everyone - hope I'm in the right place......I'd be really grateful for any advice offered!

I am renovating my flat and will lay a laminate or engineered wood floor throughout. It's a timber framed building and I believe the subfloor is timber (possibly plywood or chipboard).

I wanted to improve the sound proofing as much as possible within a limited budget and have seen various products like ProSound™ SoundMat™ 2 Plus which combine a spongy layer with a mass vinyl layer. This product in particular suggests that you check the compatibility with a structural engineer as it's 8kg/m2.

I understand that domestic floors are designed for 150kg per m2 live load plus self weight (usually 60kg/m2) so at 8kg/m2 sound proofing uses up about 5% live load allowance.

I'm not really sure what to do with this information and I hoped someone could help me understand and put it into context. Is it fine to go ahead and use up this amount of my live load allowance? I'm sure most people put huge sofas in their flats without a second thought.

The structural engineer who worked on an earlier part of the project would charge a fairly large amount to investigate thoroughly and it seems like it would require us to tear up the subfloor to expose the joints in every room!

Any comments or thoughts gratefully received - thanks for reading.

This product in particular suggests that you check the compatibility with a structural engineer as it's 8kg/m2. thats a cop-out if ever ive seen one.  

8kgs is nothing in the big scheme of things - get on with it.