Bathroom Project

I am thinking of redoing our bathroom, I like to do as much as i can to reduce cost but most important keeps me busy and away from trouble.  Had gone to B & Q to do us a design for our small bathroom and they came up with this.

Having done some research came across skill builder and Busby started talking about the Abacus system, looks like a very decent system,  what are peoples advice on the abacus system compared to others that I have read on here like grohe, gerbert and so forth?

From the B&Q drawing, the shower I want to have on the same wall as the toilet, where towards the window and as such i have thought that the toilet and sink will need to swap.  The flooring of the property needs changing and reinforcing.

Any recommendation?  Want to create a bathroom that is nice and will last a few years for family.

Cheers

5e052380-0199-32ae-4269-42971248d2d2.jpg

Bathroom Quote-2.jpg

Bathroom Quote-1.jpg

Abacus is only useful when you want to do a fully framed system - you have a pedestal sink for example. Why do that if the toilet Is back to the wall and framed in..??

Secondly that’s quite a lot for a small bathroom - Exc the tiles you should be able to get that lot for less than £1k. 

My only dealing with Abacus is not a good one, the shower former is warped and they honestly couldn't care less. Basically they said either fit it or we'll collect and refund you. No actual interest in supplying a straight former. I would never buy their products again just because their after sales help is non existent

Shop around for much better prices - My Grohe frame and Euro pan - came as a complete kit for just around £325 from a local bathroom shop less than 12 months ago, I am happy with it.

I would fit a wall hung basin (or semi pedestal basin)  if fitting a wall hung toilet on the same wall as it looks like you are building the wall out.

I have used Abacus boards in my wet areas only (plus the kst adhesive, tanking kit and no leaks tape kit) - I like it and would use it again - I got it all for a very good price in the sale from Rubber Duck Bathrooms - (it was all delivered straight from Abacus) - I got my stainless steel washers cheap from ebay.

Edited by wozza

19 hours ago, Wayne007 said:

Had gone to B & Q to do us a design for our small bathroom and they came up with this.

When we built our last house we designed the bathrooms ourselves and used Bathstore for all the fittings. They were well made and I would use them again but I'm not sure whether the current incarnation of Bathstore at Homebase is the same as the original.