Leaking Velux

My velux window is leaking through the cord to the external sun shade /awning. I suspect the cord has dried out and when it rains it’s soaking up the water and then tracking through the hole in the window then it’s dripping on the inside. I’ve contacted velux who weren’t helpful at all. Has anyone else experienced this or got any suggestions for preventing the water tracking through the cord or what replacement cord to buy?

image.jpg

Thanks for your reply. They units are about 12 years old. I’m willing to pay for the replacement part/repair. All I got from Velux was the tiles aren’t far enough from the unit. It’s not been an issue for 12 years nor is the adjacent window suffering the same issue. I can see water is tracking down the cord and forming a drip at the end. When I inspect the cord in the dry, it is bone dry which leads me to think it’s just soaking up rain and tracking it inside. It’s as if the cord just needs replacing, but I just get the standard answer from them. Installed wrong and no help with what replacement cord to buy.