Controlling underfloor heating in passive house

dogman

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Oh, and that image in the last but one post shows a TS which I recon will be at least 450 / 500 L to get all those coils inside it and for them to be of any meaningful capacity.

Yes, 500L up to 2000L but the first one is available in 200 & 300 L options

21 hours ago, le-cerveau said:

Yes, 500L up to 2000L but the first one is available in 200 & 300 L options

Thought so. 

Only prob with 200L is.....for DHW uplift, and not much of it at a set temp of 40-42oC, you need to fill the entire vessel with a single coil so no other coils could be employed. After that it's all PHE and complexity, hence my starter buffer where uplift is key is a min of 250L, but 300L or > would be preferable. 

21 hours ago, le-cerveau said:

As an alternative you could charge the TS via a PHE from the ASHP (no AF in the TS) , UFH from TS, it however requires an extra pump but you get the rapid recovery due to the PHE!

Already looked at that but its not possible. There would not be enough primary HP ( A/F ) volume to support it so the only way to go ASHP > PHE is if you fit a buffer :S A low loss header wouldn't suffice either. 

'Tis a sticky wicket this one. 

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Tis a sticky wicket this one. 

Just shows how complex all the interactions become and there is no one solution as each piece of equipment has it's own specific requirements!

My split requires a minimum volume of 50L and can cope with 260L before an additional expansion tank is required!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, le-cerveau said:

Just shows how complex all the interactions become and there is no one solution as each piece of equipment has it's own specific requirements!

Keeps me off the streets :)

39 minutes ago, le-cerveau said:

My split requires a minimum volume of 50L

Thats quite low so a good unit, but more is merrier for best short-cycling mitigation. I'm still correlating information from various manufacturers and installers ( tech and on-site technicians ) to dig up the gold, and the dirt, on ASHP installs as I was as green as Wimbledon on anything HP when I first joined this forum. :S. Its still sinking in TBH. 

My point about going ASHP > PHE still stands, its not possible unless theres a buffer inline with at least 50-60L of volume, 90L or more would be preferable. Then around we go again :(