liquid concrete/mortar instead of liquid screed

Patrick

Looking to screed my block and insulation floor. I know some of you...looking at you, @Russell griffithsARE not keen on liquid screed . But with 100m from nearest lorry access and 13cubes of screed, I really dont want to wheelbarrow dry screed into the site. So option left is liquid screed pumped.  The challenge is, nobody in my area  supplying that. They do pump concrete   but say I'm too far out for liquid screed . I thought liquid screed is just a sloppy mortar (sand and cement)mix... is it not? Cause I was thinking about ordering just that ... concrete made with sharp sand , they are able to pump that ...what's the disadvantage of using this?

Do you not need a structural topping to go over your insulation?

i thought you did, or have you changed the floor build up. 

As nod said you can pump the traditional screed, my lads where fantastic and would cover your area. 

I would allow £22 a m to supply and lay yours, maybe a bit more if area is small, as they need to allow for travel and setting up the pump. 

The lads I used came from Swansea and will travel to you. 

• Thanks 1

Our screeding company provided a checklist for us to go through before they came. That form had a question about distance from delivery point for the wagon to the floor to be screeded. I was surprised to find out that,  as @nod says above 100m is fine - unless thats 100m vertically I suppose. ?

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 08:14, Russell griffiths said:

Do you not need a structural topping to go over your insulation?

i thought you did, or have you changed the floor build up. 

As nod said you can pump the traditional screed, my lads where fantastic and would cover your area. 

I would allow £22 a m to supply and lay yours, maybe a bit more if area is small, as they need to allow for travel and setting up the pump. 

The lads I used came from Swansea and will travel to you. 

Top man. I knew I did it right to cc you in. Also much clearer now . Apparently I dont need screed . It s my english - stupid foreigner. I need reingorced  concrete topping on top of my block and insulation floor . Gonna buy a powerfloat and tackle the smooth surface myself . Wish me luck. ?

2 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Just hirer one you will only need it for one day.

get the edges shuttered up to the correct height then hire a spin screed. 

You will need a concrete pump and four guys. 

How wide is your place. 

7m wide. Concrete pump it is . Edges are the brick walls, so dont think I need separate shutter. Only issue is that it takes a few hours before pumped concrete is dry enough to powerfloat ...

15 hours ago, Patrick said:

7m wide. Concrete pump it is . Edges are the brick walls, so dont think I need separate shutter. Only issue is that it takes a few hours before pumped concrete is dry enough to powerfloat ...

Concrete on site 8 am sharp, pumped in by 10, levelled by 12. 

Powerfloat 4 pm. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No Powerfloating on this one now- we can t get anyone who even halfway decent knows what they are doing... so need to do the best with the knowledge i can have on the day and that is oldschool slab . as straight as possible... Will need a tiled floor after i guess -wish me luck ?

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

No Powerfloating on this one now- we can t get anyone who even halfway decent knows what they are doing... so need to do the best with the knowledge i can have on the day and that is oldschool slab . as straight as possible... Will need a tiled floor after i guess -wish me luck ?

What is the max distance from wall to wall, where you can tamp the concrete with a timber beam?