Design ideas driveway

Jane lynch

Hi all I’m wanting to build sandstone gate posts , with gates . I’m struggling to come up with design ideas as I have a steep bank on one side . I also need to create a turning circle at the entrance . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated . 
thanks Jane 

image.jpg

Welcome.

Not sure what the issue is with the bank in relation to with gate posts. Remove enough of the bank to accomodate the gate and its posts . Yes, you might need a retaining wall.

In relation to design ideas, put together a folder of ideas that you see (on Tinternet and elsewhere - your photos for example ) and then take the best of what you see and ask for quotes for '... something like this ...'

Do you have a site plan or at least an aerial view from Google maps. It's hard to visualise where things are.

Which way is that photo looking? Towards the road? Away from the road? Is the turning circle going where you are standing?

How wide is the verge? Road speed limit?

Is the turning circle going outside the gates in the verge area or inside the gates?

If it's going in the picture it looks like you might need to dig into the bank quite a lot to make a turning circle. In which case some sort of retaining wall would be necessary. These can be quite expensive so would help to know why you need a turning circle at the entrance end?

Is that your fence at top the bank?