Martin, it looks like they're doing a fantastic job.  Very impressive.   Is the house a bungalow or just huge? 

I am also a little surprised that you thought that you needed 8 UFH loops in an MBC-class house.  Still the way that they do it means that there is little cost impact.

• dogman changed the title to MBC on site-slab done-nearly
34 minutes ago, dogman said:

Its covered in plastic and will be floated sometime early tomorrow morning 

The joy of self compacting stuff, we just ran a Bull float over it and it was done and everyone went home ..!

Timber Frame arrives tomorrow:D

At least the big bits.

The first timber was delivered this morning.

2017-03-29_10_00_50.thumb.jpg.7fcc67403a51d3c74a85846db1ce2257.jpg

It rained over night and there are no swimming pools on the slab only damp areas so it looks level

• dogman changed the title to MBC on site-frame arrives tomorrow

@dogman, Martin, One thing to check when the panels arrive is whether the strut lines are properly marked on the outer breather fabric.  If no, then go around each panel with a sharpie and put a mark on the outer fabric over each upright.  We didn't do this, and they weren't marked in the factory (the staples lines were only approximately over upright), and we needed to fix through to these uprights to tie out outer skin.  So missing a 20 min job when the panels are on their sides meant that I later spend hours playing tapping games with a hammer and drilling pilot holes to find these lines again.

Also double check all window and door frame openings.  If there is an issue then let the gang boss know.  You'll probably have no problems, but if you do, then this is the time to get them fixed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TerryE said:

Also double check all window and door frame openings.  If there is an issue then let the gang boss know.  You'll probably have no problems, but if you do, then this is the time to get them fixed.

This +several million.

I actually measured the apertures in ours but with one thing and another didn't get around to comparing them to the drawings.  As it happens, there are a few that were slightly less tall than they should have been (15-20mm instead of 30mm, with one or two being 8-10mm).  You wouldn't think it significant, but it was in some cases.  The result was delays, extra costs and a couple of places where the installation just isn't what it should be.

• Like 1

• dogman changed the title to MBC on site-frame arrives.

I think this sums up one of the reasons I would have no qualms about recommending MBC - they listen and they are constantly trying to improve things.

Be it this or the upstanding detail I saw on another thread that seems to lessen the difficulty that I had building the wall out so water dripping off the wall cleared the EPS.

• Like 1