At long last we are starting. 3 months late but at least the weather has improved.

Spent all week excavating the slab base. 

4 days of digger hire, 260 tonnes of muck removed, 80 tonnes of type 1 brought in.

Mbc are laying the type1 as the slab has a ring beam around the outside so it needs to be built up first before the main base is laid 

IMAG1956.thumb.jpg.f89dede87c6958a8a1b60f189af0a3b0.jpg

• Like 2

If Mick, Danny or Pete are in the crew, then say hello from Jan and Terry in Hartwell. ?

And in terms of foul drainage and access pipes, they dug them in after the site had been levelled. It was the easiest way to do it.  I took the XY measurements from the nearest wall line / corners of the CAD drawings for them.  This way we could place them to within 25mm or so relative to the outer ring beam.  Our builder later dug the drains to meet up with the now buried tails poking out from the slab area.

They got on well today despite a rather complicated ring beam for the plinth and brickwork

Had to kick them off the site when it got dark.

However they are nearly finished the slab base and will install the sand binding tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, TerryE said:

You'll have to get used to that one!  They'll pay you back by turning up at 07:00.

We were lucky(?) - the hotel they were staying at wouldn't serve them breakfast before 7, so they were never at ours before 7:45!  

Ok not much progress today. Not MBC fault at all but Hanson aggregates. The binding dust was meant to be on site Tuesday but didn't turn up till this afternoon. They went off to another site rather than sit around and wait. Hopefully back tomorrow to lay the dust then they are off for St Paddys day 

The floor arrives Tuesday and Wednesday so should be finished by Friday hopefully with the concrete the following Monday.

quick update before bed.

1st load of insulation arrived today had the perimeter and foul drains in by the time it was dark.

58d19f2dd363c_homecctv_Camera2_homecctv_20170321121540_2527727.jpg.2c66f70247a858f2339eefa17d5e2431.jpg58d19f67bc525_homecctv_Camera2_homecctv_20170321190627_6667643.jpg.798cd1a942eac5b4df052984fa3d69a7.jpg

Yep that's them in the top right tidying up before they leave

• Like 2

• dogman changed the title to MBC on site

@dogmanMartin, now that the the EPS is in position, now is the last time that you can check levels, slab position, and the position of the  foulwater and service ducts that go through the slab.  You can take off the exact distances to the adjacent walls and cross check these with your drawings.   Rectifying any mistakes will be a pain but it is still possible at this stage.

Als one comment: it looks as if you have only two stacks coming up through the slab.  You normally add some extra 110 pipes to allow you to pull water and other services though into the house after the slab is down.  It's well worth putting these in is you haven't done so already. 

@TerryE

Thanks for the advice. Went round everything yesterday there are two extra stacks you cannot see as they had no  uprights fitted when i took photo.

I have 6 x 63mm ducts coming in for other things like garage, stables, and workshop supplies, water and gas (LPG) is also in as well as telecom.

Will run around with tape measure on Sunday although i have already checked the soil stacks twice

have fitted low level sockets in the concrete on the other two stacks so i can fit low level fittings if needed

2017-03-24_18_05_04.thumb.jpg.64acf6c69914119a373a0f92f14354ff.jpg

2017-03-24_18_05_11.thumb.jpg.828874778741c7b35b01168ad773f41c.jpg

2017-03-24_18_06_49.thumb.jpg.e4f316faa5d7d61272c5646c21a29f9d.jpg

This is my list of things in the slab

1. hockey stick for mains into cavity.

2. water from bore hole to plant room

3. gas from LPG bottles to kitchen

4. grey telecom to hall

5. two svp in the walls for first floor( position checked)

6. downstairs toilet svp

7. plant room svp

8. kitchen island svp

9. kitchen island hot and cold supply(insulated)

10. kitchen Island power and one spare 25mm duct to island(you never know)

11. two 63mm to garage

12 two 63mm to workshop

13 two 63mm to stables.

Anything else that anyone can recommend before the pour on Monday afternoon would be appreciated

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dogman said:This is my list of things in the slab

1. hockey stick for mains into cavity.

2. water from bore hole to plant room

3. gas from LPG bottles to kitchen

4. grey telecom to hall

5. two svp in the walls for first floor( position checked)

6. downstairs toilet svp

7. plant room svp

8. kitchen island svp

9. kitchen island hot and cold supply(insulated)

10. kitchen Island power and one spare 25mm duct to island(you never know)

11. two 63mm to garage

12 two 63mm to workshop

13 two 63mm to stables.

Anything else that anyone can recommend before the pour on Monday afternoon would be appreciated

Am I reading this correctly that you've put the soil pipes for the first floor into the insulated stud?

@dogman, I would either cover those subs with the slip collars with a poly bag and tape this to the slip collars (so the concrete does grip the stub) or if the collar top is just under the FFL take a photo and remove it, but again a poly bag.   The lads can then power float over it and you can tap through when the concrete has cured for a day or so.

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

I would tape the top of all of those ducts including capping the water properly as concrete gets everywhere ...

And ditto the UFH pipe ends before the start the pour. You don't want a glob of concrete in one of these.

@TerryE and @PeterW Will do as well as marking and photographing the zones for underfloor heating.

The stubs should just be under FFL but can only do that with one as other is holding up ducts

@Barney12 the pipes are in the internal walls that are made thicker so that the SVP can be insulated for sound. Will not be insulating the whole wall.

Keep the suggestions coming i only have till Monday

Off out to help with underfloor heating pipes now( its a nice sunny day:D)

99 % ready for building control. 

All the underfloor pipe is laid and not a single kink.

Used this pipe and was well impressed as were the boys from MBC easy to bend and well marked to gauge how much is left 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Underfloor-heating-pipe-PEX-AL-PEX-pipe-16mm-x-2mm-300m-rolls-WRAS-approved-/322223143087?hash=item4b05fef8af:g:pJ4AAOSwA3dYRome

2017-03-25_17_47_27.thumb.jpg.7120d464f56554a7a77195c17628ae62.jpg

Just need to cap off a few pipes, mark the zones on each underfloor heating pipe and do final checks tomorrow.