Thank you for all the replies.

Some highlights of the first few days.

1. Hot water is via a Sunamp +expansion..  So happy with this. I know its summer and we have 4.2KW of solar but the last few days have not been the best for sun and i was worried we would need to heat using full priced electricity. Its been full by lunch time and that is after a full bath and two showers a day plus the incidental sink use. Flow is excellent although not really checked the what if situations (turning other taps on etc.)

2. Ventaxia MVHR. Keep checking to see if it is on as so quiet. House is kept at 21deg although we need to see how it works this week as its hotter outside. Summer bypass is only set to cut in on temp differential not on a timed purge 

The only issue we have is the low 25mm simpson shower tray. The flow is so good on the showers that when its on full you get a slight overflow out the door.  The drain is the standard one connected to 50mm 

• 2 months later...

We have now been in the house for three months and last week received the completion certificate:D

Vat claim will be submitted this week as the "wife" has been compiling the receipts as we progressed.

Still need to finish some rooms and have not got any carpets / curtains etc but it is not spoiling the pleasure of living in the house.

There is only one thing so far i wish i had done. Fit a proper externally vented cooker extractor. I know it goes against all the air tightness etc but during the recent hot weather cooking indoors was not a pleasure as it really heated the house up. We have found that if you keep it cool it stays cool but once it warmed up cooling it down took a lot of effort. Solved it by using the BBQ outside most days

Things I am thinking about are some sort of energy monitoring. We have 4.2kw of panels and produce far more electricity than we use at this time of year. If I can work out when and how much we produce it will help decide if I need some sort of storage solution, or in winter move to economy 7/10.

1 hour ago, dogman said:

There is only one thing so far i wish i had done. Fit a proper externally vented cooker extractor. I know it goes against all the air tightness etc but during the recent hot weather cooking indoors was not a pleasure as it really heated the house up. We have found that if you keep it cool it stays cool but once it warmed up cooling it down took a lot of effort. Solved it by using the BBQ outside most days

As posted here, a recent scientific paper also suggests that MVHR alone is insufficient to clear the pollution that cooking generates. A further reason for a externally-vented cooker extractor perhaps.

Edited by Dreadnaught