50cm Fascia board?!

Joe87

HI all, Ive put elsewhere about the fascia on my warm roof summer house coming to about 50cm due to the 6 meter 9x2 joists, insulation, furrings for a 1:40 drop, osb board etc etc.

I think 50cm is going to look way to big. Ive tried to get around it but with the furrings and wanting to make sure the drop on the flat roof is decent enough i cant figure out a way to have it any thinner.

The only way that ive now thought to make the fascia about 30-35cm, is to add another row of blocks around the entire summer house and put the joists onto joist hangers on the new top block inside. Both the block and the joist are the same height so they would work well together. That way all the extras (osb, furrings etc) will almost look as if they are sitting on the top of the wall rather then way above it by 50cm or so and the whole thing will have a tidier finish with the fascia, making it look alot smaller.

I was then thinking i could add an overhang to two sides of the building which are on show using joist hangers and a ledger board and just add osb to the top of this in line with the top osb of the warm roof and rubber roof over the whole thing so it all blends in??...Hope that makes sense.

Does this sound like an ok plan or am i being to anal about all this haha...(do i want an answer to that). I think a thinner fascia will make the whole thing look alot nicer.

Thanks for any help. Either what you think on my "plan" or if anyone has any other ideas.

Cheers

Edited by Joe87

55 minutes ago, Joe87 said:

or am i being to anal about all this

You and the rest of us ?, yes 500mm facia will look gross in my opinion, extend the wall and smaller facia will look much better. Good plan ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

You and the rest of us ?, yes 500mm facia will look gross in my opinion, extend the wall and smaller facia will look much better. Good plan ?

Good, im glad its not just me then. I cant bring myself to like it that big. I'd rather the extra work. Been enough work getting this far. Dont want to F it up now?

I might just go ahead with this idea then. I cant see it Impeading anything else.

• Thanks 1